Graphic Design Manager, Brighton
The KILLSTAR brand is an invitation for people to explore, discover, and become who they are. We help affirm this invitation by creating an inclusive, supportive environment where our team members are embraced exactly as they are.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about graphic design, and ready to lead a team and continue to elevate our aesthetic. In this role, you’ll be leading our global graphic design team, consisting of remote and on-site team members. You will be responsible for supervising a team of designers and delivering graphic designs which support and promote KILLSTAR’s evolving aesthetic and brand image. If this sounds like you, please read on!
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and deliver an effective graphic design strategy and calendar, aligned to our brand - and sub-brands - plans which will position us as a leading voice in our sector.
- Identify gaps and create inspiring and engaging graphics, ensuring it is executed to a high standard and incorporates input from key stakeholders & members across the organisation.
- Supervise and lead internal and external graphic designing teams; be an arbiter of best practices in aesthetic & artistic vision, presentation and style. Delegate job responsibilities among team members and oversee that quality work is being completed within the deadlines given.
- Lead and participate in designing and redesigning graphics, including but not limited to web page graphics & banners, logos, brand identity/branding, illustrations, advertisements, email/newsletters and other forms of visual communication.
- Ensure all graphics produced are on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone, and optimised for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, mobile, video, and in some cases, print.
- Maintaining relationships with internal departments and external partners to ensure effective collaboration throughout the creation and publication processes.
- Ensure that the delivered products or services adhere to the policies, tone-of-voice and standards of the brand and subbrand/s. Make sure work presented is in compliance with law (e.g. copyright and data protection)
- Conduct ongoing usability tests to gauge the graphic content effectiveness. Gather data and handle analytics (or supervise/liaise-with those who do) and make recommendations based on those results. Work with the graphics team to revise and measure work against marketing goals.
- Leverage market data to develop graphic themes/topics and execute a plan to develop assets that will engage our audiences.
- Develop standards, systems and best practices (team-members/creators/technology) for graphic design creation, distribution and maintenance - as well as graphic design retrieval and graphic design repurposing.
- Establishing workflow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring graphic elements. Stay up-to-date with developments and continuously generate new ideas to draw the audience's attention and improvement to the brand / sub-brands.
- Hire, train, coach, mentor and develop teams and direct reports to ensure they are empowered with brands' skill-set and motivated in their roles.
Who You Are:
- Compassionate Leader: you are genuinely interested in the success of others, a champion for their goals; you’re viewed as approachable and fair; you're personally committed, and actively work, to continuously improve yourself and your team.
- Reliable Communicator: you are good about keeping people updated about changes, and your written and verbal communication is clear and concise.
- Organized: you can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal, and marshal resources effectively to deliver results.
- Creative: you’re full of new and unique ideas, easily make connections among previously unrelated ideas, and others view you as original and highly valuable when brainstorming.
- Knowledgeable about basic graphic design principles and relevant design software
Your Experience Includes:
- More than 3+ years of experience in graphic design.
- Excellent creative and innovative skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Extremely convincing with good presentation skills.
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Client interfacing ability with confidence.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective relation building capacity with client, partner and internal team at different levels in the organisation
- Knowledge of interactive design including best practices in technology, usability and user experience.
- Must be detail oriented and well organised.
- Strong delegation power.
- Excellent salesmanship skills.
- Ability to use a strong analytical and artistic approach to solve complex issues.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritise different tasks.
Bonus If You:
- Have an interest in alternative fashion and the KILLSTAR products.
- Have experience designing graphics for a fashion brand.
This role will be performed on a hybrid basis, consisting of working from home and at our Brighton Studio.
This role is a full-time position of 37.5 hours, with hours worked between 08:00am – 06:00pm, Monday through to Friday.
Does this sound like you?
KILLSTAR is committed to a world where what makes us different makes us strong. We are a proud equal opportunity employer and we back that up with a “come as you are” culture that is welcoming, inclusive, and safe. If you can see yourself being successful and excited in this role, we want to hear from you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.