Junior Garment Technologist, Brighton
Junior Garment Technologist, Brighton
The KILLSTAR brand is an invitation for people to explore, discover, and become who they are. We help affirm this invitation by creating an inclusive, supportive environment where our team members are embraced exactly as they are.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about product and has basic experience of the full production lifecycle for the creation of garments. The ideal candidate would be someone who has knowledge of working with fitting garments and relaying the feedback to overseas factories. In this role, you will be working as part of a wider design team, troubleshooting potential production issues, checking the quality of samples and supporting the team during the proto and sizing stages. If this sounds like you, please read on!
What You’ll Do:
- Create technical specifications for garments at Proto Stage in partnership with design.
- Assist in the management of the fit and technical process from initial sample handover until delivery
- Assisting in and occasional running of fit sessions.
- Writing up of fit sessions and providing comments, feedback and next steps.
- Creation of diagrams.
- Keeping historic logs and accurate updates of sample status.
- Daily liaison with overseas factories and our office in China.
- Responsible for checking the quality and makeup of samples, ensuring that the quality is always to the highest standard.
- To work according to the critical path and provide feedback back to the team, highlighting potential production issues.
- To executive projects related to fit / sizing.
- To support the team in quality-related issues and queries
- Any additional duties or responsibilities to support the production lifecycle and wider team.
Who You Are:
- Knowledgeable: you have previous experience with Garment design and understand the different production stages required to complete the end product.
- Effective Communicator: you are a confident and approachable communicator, able to inform the team of areas with the critical path and provide feedback after sizing’s and fittings.
- Agile Learner: you are comfortable working on your own, but are also confident working as part of a team to ensure the product is finished to the highest quality.
- Innovative: you are able to comfortably work on your own initiative and think of new ideas to streamline and ensure that the business is operating as smoothly as possible.
Process Oriented: you are able to come to grips with managing different designs and prototypes during new seasons and different collections.
Your Experience Includes:
- Previous experience working in a fashion studio, understanding of fits and specs.
- Providing feedback and next steps to the teams during the fit and sizing stages of production.
- Have experience working with overseas factories and suppliers.
Bonus If You’ve:
- Have a personal interest in the alternative community or alternative fashion.
- Experience in a fast paced, highly commercial environment.
- You have independently conducted and ran fit sessions.
Working Hours and Location:
This role will be based on a hybrid working arrangement at our Brighton Studio.
This role is a full-time position of 37.5 hours, with hours worked between 08:00am – 06:00pm, Monday through to Friday.
Does this sound like you?
KILLSTAR is committed to a world where what makes us different makes us strong. We are a proud equal opportunity employer and we back that up with a “come as you are” culture that is welcoming, inclusive, and safe. If you can see yourself being successful and excited in this role, we want to hear from you.
Apply using this link.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.