Lifestyle Sourcing Manager, Global Remote
Lifestyle Sourcing Manager
The KILLSTAR brand is an invitation for people to explore, discover, and become who they are. We help affirm this invitation by creating an inclusive, supportive environment where our team members are embraced exactly as they are.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about lifestyle production from design through development and delivery, and ready to learn and grow in a team environment. The Lifestyle Sourcing Manager will work directly with the design team, our international factories and suppliers to ensure the highest quality of objects are delivered, within the critical path deadlines.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the overall development and production work at KILLSTAR for lifestyle products.
- Ongoing assessment of existing supplier base and sourcing of new suppliers that offer competitive pricing, good quality product in line with margin requirements and order volumes.
- Manufacturer and Supplier Research- expanding the potential for different object and material categories within the collection
- Oversee supplier relationships to ensure all suppliers meet and maintain delivery, quality and margin expectations. Communicate with them regularly to clarify all priorities and technical details.
- Work closely with manufacturers to manage development and production timelines.
- Constantly review and implement new processes and structures to improve organization, communication and effectiveness.
- Together with merchandising ensure that products are produced into set price points and that margins are kept.
- Ensure that costing and margin targets are met each season.
- Ensure that the products live up to Killstar standards and quality requirements. Thus approving reference samples during both the product development process and the commercial production, to meet design expectations, technical requirements and business expectations.
- Set quality standards for suppliers and internal quality standards
- Working alongside merchandising to optimize and strategize seasonal budget alongside projections
- Ensure all admin & reporting are kept up to date.
- Material and technique research, presenting to the design team
- Sourcing additional elements required for designs- e.g ribbon/crystals for baubles
- Research on our competitors and presenting competitor reports to the Senior Leadership team
Who You Are:
- Change Agent: you demonstrate that sustainability, combined with a strong design agenda, is the only way forward and want to lead the change within the fashion industry.
- Knowledgeable about lifestyle production methods, manufacturing, processes, and costing procedures including market-specific legal requirements in distribution and supply
- An Agile Learner: you learn quickly when something changes, you see failure as an opportunity, and you easily understand underlying structures and intentions.
- Creative: you’re full of new and unique ideas, easily make connections among previously unrelated ideas, and others view you as original and highly valuable when brainstorming.
- Customer-Focused: you’re constantly looking for ways to improve the experiences of internal and external customers, including your team
- Process-Oriented; you’re good at figuring out what it takes to get something done, knowing what to measure and how to measure it
- Analytical: you can look at numbers all day, and help them make sense to others; you take a data-driven approach to problem-solving and management.
- Reliable Communicator: you are good about keeping people updated about changes, and your written and verbal communication is clear and concise.
- Collaborative Negotiator: you can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups, settle differences with minimum noise, and win concessions while empowering relationships.
Your Experience Includes:
- 5+ years in a similar role.
- Versatile and global supply chain contacts.
- Lifestyle development and production.
- Line planning, product development and sourcing
- Very advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office
Bonus If You’ve:
- Got a personal affinity or connection to the alternative fashion or lifestyle communities
Does this sound like you?
We’d love to hear from you! Apply using this link.
BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, veterans, neurodivergent, and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply. KILLSTAR is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.