Optimisation Specialist, Remote
The KILLSTAR brand is an invitation for people to explore, discover, and become who they are. We
help affirm this invitation by creating an inclusive, supportive environment where our team
members are embraced exactly as they are.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the nuts and bolts of ecommerce practices,
and ready to learn and grow in a team environment. In this role, you will work alongside the Senior
Manager, ECommerce to expand our digital footprint and optimise our customer experience. You
will be responsible for researching new and innovative online solutions and continuously find new
ways to improve the online experience for our consumers. We are looking for someone who is
passionate about change and identifying new trends to further elevate our brand and customer
reach. If this sounds like you, please read on!
What You’ll Do:
● Conduct ongoing website optimisations by employing a rigorous testing methodology,
working closely with internal teams & stakeholders as well as 3rd party agencies.
● Act as the day to day contact with our development team, raising and resolving support
requests as well as leading development projects which impact the website or other sales
● Lead in UI design changes and ongoing website and sales channel optimisations.
● Recommend changes to the website content & design to improve online store conversion
● Lead on all Accessibility initiatives ensuring all development work remains ADA compliant.
● Track, report, and analyse website analytics and campaigns.
● Optimise web copy for SEO & SEM.
● Perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion and optimization.
● Research new and innovative online solutions and capabilities across key competitions,
industry trends, and emerging customer and market needs to continuously find ways to
improve the online experience for the brand’s customers and present findings to the team
on a regular basis (monthly/quarterly/as needed).
● Monitor and repair QC issues on site and keep the team updated on any site
enhancement/repair issues that arise, e.g: redirecting 404 errors on the site.
● Consistently review opportunities to improve the online store and other own sales channels
by reviewing available data, heatmaps & other technologies and present findings to the
● Appraise competitor websites to ensure the brand/sub-brand is aligned with industry in
terms of features and functionality.
● Understand and identify opportunities for growth based on the rapidly changing e-
commerce and digital landscape, including market trends and historical performance.
● Present regular reports on the site health and identify key areas of concern.
● Be flexible in your approach, prioritizing business goals at all times.
Who You Are:
● Knowledgeable: about Ecommerce and various forms of digital marketing.
● An Agile Learner: you learn quickly when something changes, you see failure as an
opportunity, and you easily understand underlying structures and limitations.
● Customer Focused: you are constantly looking for ways to improve the experiences of
internal and external customers, including your team.
● Process Orientated: you are good at figuring out what it takes to get something done,
knowing what to measure and how to measure it.
● Analytical: you are confident in reporting on agreed KPIs to track and evaluate the success of
new product launchers.
● Solid Decision Maker: your solutions and suggestions are based on wisdom, critical thinking,
experience, and sound judgment.
● Agile: you are future oriented; you can anticipate future trends, have broad knowledge and
perspective in your area of expertise, and you are skilled at getting things done through
formal channels and informal networks.
● Creative: you are full of new and unique ideas, easily make connections among previously
unrelated ideas, and other views you are original and highly valuable when brainstorming
Your Experience Includes:
● 2 to 5+ years of experience in previous e-commerce role/s.
● Extensive experience working with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics is a must.
● Knowledge & experience of HTML, Java Script, Liquid & Scripts.
● Experience of managing both small and large scale projects.
● Demonstrable experience of using Shopify Plus is a must.
● Data driven with focus on conversion rate and tracking customer flow through the site.
● Experience with major online platforms and their ecosystems.
● Ability to work in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills.
● Be analytical and process-oriented to make data-driven decisions.
Bonus If You’ve:
● Worked in a remote environment.
● Managed or worked on e-commerce activities for a company with a multinational customer
● Got a personal affinity or connection to the alternative fashion or lifestyle communities.
Working Hours and Location:
This is a full-time position of 37.5 hours per week, with hours worked between Monday to Friday
This is a global remote role and can be performed anywhere in the United Kingdom.
Does this sound like you?
KILLSTAR is committed to a world where what makes us different makes us strong. We are a proud
equal opportunity employer and we back that up with a “come as you are” culture that is
welcoming, inclusive, and safe. If you can see yourself being successful and excited in this role, we
want to hear from you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran
status or any other basis prohibited by law.