Studio Manager, Brighton, UK
The KILLSTAR brand is an invitation for people to explore, discover, and become who they are. We help affirm this invitation by creating an inclusive, supportive environment where our team members are embraced exactly as they are.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about product development, and ready to learn and grow in a team environment. In this role, you’ll be leading product development and technical team members while overseeing the daily operations of our Design Office in Brighton, England. You will be responsible for managing costs, relationships, and our product development calendar.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure smooth operation of the Brighton, England office
- Lead and oversee Product development, Tech Design and fabric R&D direct reports and their teams
- Manage the entire product development process and execution for all categories
- Collaborate with Design at all stages of development process including raw material & trim development and sourcing, Techpacks hand off, proto and production fittings, cost strategy execution
- Partner with Design and production for the creation of development calendars. Ensure teams hit deadlines and key deliverables
- Initiate vendor allocation and align with Production on strategic decision
- Determine seasonal costing strategy and partner with merchandising on retail targets by setting cost targets
- Create opportunities with Design and technical design to engineer product cost while ensuring quality and maintaining design intent
- Partner with Tech Design and Design to maintain and create consistent and superior Fit.
- Develop and maintain strong cross-functional relationships with Design, Merchandising and Production to lead brand growth strategies.
- Cultivate and manage strategic relationship with vendors and mills
- Partner with Production to identify and establish new vendors partnership
- Mentor, coach and develop career path for direct reports and their teams
- Plan teams’ capacity and identify opportunities for processes ‘ improvement and additional resources
Who You Are:
- Compassionate Leader: you are genuinely interested in the success of others, a champion for their goals; you’re viewed as approachable and fair; you're personally committed, and actively work, to continuously improve yourself and your team
- Reliable Communicator: you are good about keeping people updated about changes, and your written and verbal communication is clear and concise
- Collaborative Negotiator: you can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups, settle differences with minimum noise, and win concessions while empowering relationships
- Organized: you can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal, and marshal resources effectively to deliver results
- Solid Decision-Maker: your solutions and suggestions are based on wisdom, critical thinking, experience, and sound judgment
- Process-Oriented; you’re good at figuring out what it takes to get something done, knowing what to measure and how to measure it
- Knowledgeable regarding fit, fabric, garment construction, trims and applications
Your Experience Includes:
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role within Product Development
- Managing multiple overseas vendors
Bonus If You’ve:
- A personal or professional affinity for the alternative lifestyle community and fashion landscape
Does this sound like you?
We’d love to hear from you! Apply using this link.
BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, veterans, neurodivergent, and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply. KILLSTAR is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.