Product Developer, Brighton
The KILLSTAR brand is an invitation for people to explore, discover, and become who they are. We help affirm this invitation by creating an inclusive, supportive environment where our team members are embraced exactly as they are.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about creating products and has extensive experience of the full production lifecycle for the creation of clothing, footwear and accessories. The ideal candidate would be someone who is used to working in a commercial fashion setting and has knowledge of working with critical paths. In this role, you will be working as part of a wider design team, creating tech packs, liaising with overseas manufacturing, cost engineering, troubleshooting potential production issues, checking the quality of samples and supporting the team during the proto and sizing stages.
What You’ll Do:
- Working alongside the design team to conceptualise and develop new clothing, accessories, footwear and handbag products.
- Support the sourcing and selection of fabrics, trims, and print artworks.
- Aesthetic and technical assessment of development and approval samples.
- Daily liaison with oversea factories, suppliers and agents for the follow up of development and approvals.
- Support in costing breakdowns and negotiations where required.
- Supporting weekly product fit sessions.
- Updating tech packs during development based on fit and design edits.
- Keeping historic logs and accurate updates of sample status on the Critical Path.
Who You Are:
- Problem Solver: you geek out on simplifying complexity, discovering hidden answers, rooting out hidden problems, and finding solutions.
- An Agile Learner: you learn quickly when something changes, you see failure as an opportunity, and you easily understand underlying structures and intentions.
- Solid Decision Maker: your solutions and suggestions are based on wisdom, critical thinking, experience, and sound judgement.
- Reliable Communicator: you are good about keeping people updated about changes, and your written and verbal communication is clear and concise.
- Collaborative Negotiator: you can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups, settle differences with minimum noise, and win concessions while empowering relationships.
Your Experience Includes:
- Previous experience of working with critical paths and identifying / troubleshooting issues.
- Providing feedback and next steps to the teams during the fit and sizing stages of production.
- Have experience working with overseas factories / suppliers and experience of cost engineering.
Bonus If You’ve:
- Have experience of working within a variety of categories such as footwear, jewellery and apparel.
- Have a personal affinity for alternative fashion and KILLSTAR’s products.
Working Hours and Location:
This position is located at the Brighton Studio - 69-70 Middle Street, Brighton, BN1 1AL.
This position is a full time position of 40 hours, with hours worked between 08:00 – 06:00pm, Monday through to Friday.
KILLSTAR is committed to a world where what makes us different makes us strong. We are a proud equal opportunity employer and we back that up with a “come as you are” culture that is welcoming, inclusive, and safe. If you can see yourself being successful and excited in this role, we want to hear from you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.